Planning for our first (blogged) adventure

 Good morning all and welcome to our blog!


I'm about to marry my best friend, and we've decided to start blogging and vlogging our trips.  We've gone on several, and recorded things for ourselves, but we tend to find cool spots to eat and see the sights, and thought perhaps others might benefit from our travel logs.  


So, to RI.  We both know a bit about Providence, and I can't wait to try some fishing from the beaches in the winter.  We're aiming at a fun little airbnb that is affordable, on the water if possible, with hot tub and full kitchen so we can save on dining out.

We've decided to stay at an airbnb in Providence, so everything's walkable, we can charge our EV and bring a dog.  I've been investigating fishing from shore or a pier, or maybe getting on a boat.  

My best advice for any fellow traveler: Find locals, especially the older ones who know about all the cool things.  In Costa Rica, this led me to an abandoned resort that was tagged in the most beautiful artwork, a hot spring that was in a river and only the locals knew (instead of paying $80 to sit in a concrete hot spring replica), surf lessons from a national champ, and some other great adventures.  I'm hoping I can find some similarly cool things in RI.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Providence, RI day 1